Hi :)
Congrats (if you really have solved it)! :)

Lots of people have been moving away from Ubuntu and Fedora is a good choice.  There are quite a
lot of good choices.  Most people have probably moved to  another distro in the same family so that
they already know how to do most things but that way they don't increase their skills and knowledge
so much.  Moving to another family is a bit more hard work but you gain a lot from it.

If you haven't completely solved the problem then please do ask again, or if there is a new
question now then please ask in a fresh new email to the list.  Most people on the list are
volunteers that are here for 2 main reasons
1.  They like to solve puzzles and being here is more fun than  just doing a crossword puzzle

2.  To learn more about LO and learn new techniques or skills or work-flow

My approach is to try to do both at the same time.  By giving questions and working with the person
to try to inspire, or nudge them into being able to solve that problem and maybe others that may
arise later.  My way depends on the person telling us what they have tried and what results they
got from that.  It's not so important to do exactly as i say.

There are other people on the list that have gained expertise in one area or another and so are
able to answer questions directly.

So, feel free to ask because it's what we are here for.

Regards from
Tom :)