Webmaster,
See below for answers to your questions.

webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
<snip>
What version of Linux are you using? Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, Opensuse, etc., etc.?
Slackware 12.2 (K2.6.27)

Since you run Linux, can you try creating a PDF file for your document and then use the "default viewer" package for PDF to open it. Then go to your printer's options and try to print 2 or 3 copies of the document with the collate option.
Now that got interesting! I tried this using Adobe Acrobat Reader to print the PDF file and although I selected 2 copies, collated, I got one copy! I then tried 3 copies and still only got one copy.
<snip>
What printer are your using? Which driver set? Original-manufacture-style, CUPS-style or GhostScript-style? Manually installed or did the Linux version find the printer driver and installed it automatically?
I am using an HP Laserjet 8150DN, CUPS 1.3.11, on "AppSocket/HP JetDirect" and the "HP Laserjet 8150 Series Postscript (en)" driver. When I installed it, CUPS found the printer on my network automagically with the "Find New Printers" option, but I continued to install it manually using the CUPS "wizard". I did not opt for the Foomatic or Gutenprint drivers, thinking they would not be needed, since the printer has Postscript emulation, and a simple Postscript driver should suffice. Now I may go back and rethink that decision. I noticed there are two other drivers I may try: Foomatic and CUPS Gutenprint v5.2.2.

<snip>
Try the Export to PDF for one copy of the document and then try and print the duplex and collated document that way. If it works, then it is a LO printer option issue. If it does not work properly, then it is a printer/driver issue. My Epson has a problem with LO and my HP has a driver issue, the last time I tried it - which was a few months back when I was still running Ubuntu 10.04.
<snip>
Thanks for the help. You may be onto something with the driver. I will try the other drivers and report back.
Girvin Herr