Tom,
Actually, no, this is not the first time I have seen this behavior. I rarely print multiple copies, but I have seen this happen before, within about 6 months. That previous time, I was using LO 3.5.3.

Okay, this is really strange. I just tried it again and got 1,2,1,2,3,3! I might add that I am printing duplex, which may complicate the LO algorithm. I tried another 3-page document and it behaved the same way. I then expanded it to 4 pages and got 1,2,1,2,3,4,3,4. Where 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 are on the same sheets, just opposite sides. Weird. I just tried doing the same thing with a Calc spreadsheet and got the same results. So the problem is with LO, not just Writer.
Girvin

Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
I think i had a similar problem last week on Windows. The next time i tried pritning it did collate but i have no idea why it didn't work or why it magically startedd workign again. I thought it was just me stuffing-up that one time.
So, it's interesting to hear it might be an intermittent problem.  I take it that this is the first
time that collating has not worked?  Did work previously?
Regards from
Tom :)