On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Mas <tier3support@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:13 PM, anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com> wrote:

       yes, I did in the stores.

       When the HD died on my computer, I had to look at what was out
there
- the changes astounded me;
            WIN8 is designed to mesh with these hand-helds, which use
applications designed by MsFT   ;-(

       These are designed for speed, which gives one no time to think
before responding ...
            these are designed to use without the usual keyboard; some
have
one but it doesn't operate the same way at all  ;-(

       Therefore, if your idea is to write, research, or even communicate
via e-mail with others, then I have no clue as to why one would use these
newest 'gadgets' - at least I do not want to memorize these acronyms,
emoticons, ... I will stick to using proper, grammatically correct
sentences to describe my thoughts.

       As for those with poor eye-sight, or arthritis, or with only 1 hand
-
            I happen to know a couple of blind individuals who had been
able to communicate via their computers through these reading-text
programs
- these do not operate on the newer machines; and the WIN8 ones are not
designed to help these folks at all.

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>