My desktop is not dual boot, but I have a laptop that is.

desktop - Ubuntu 12.04/MATE
laptop - Vista 32-bit [came with] and Ubuntu 12.04/Mate "testing system".

My NA-DVD ISO file is placed on the LO server system, and the mirror sync system. Soon 3.5.7 will be there.

I never did use any md5sum system because I never knew how to use them properly or create them properly.

My NA-DVD has about 90 LO install files plus the language and help packs. That is a lot of md5sum files to generate for the online version every time the install files are changed, either LO's file or all of the other files that are available. My current 3.5.x folder has 866 files and folders in that folder system. The actual number of installs, language/help packs, documentation, dictionaries, templates and extensions, artwork and images, and extra software, that are on the DVD is currently not known - since I never really kept a count of them. Which file need a md5sum and which do not?

I created the NA-DVD so people could download a copy and burn it to their own DVD, then they will have a physical media to give to people with dial-up or ones who could use all of the documentation, dictionaries, etc., on one disk for easy access.

The people at LO are hosting the ISO files, thank you, since my hosting company will not allow a CD or DVD sized file to be placed on their servers. They do not want to have their system used as a repository site. I can have all of the files in the DVD online as a web site, but not them combined into an ISO file. I also have unlimited bandwidth/traffic for the site. That would make a repository site creator happy, but sorry no repository allowed there. If I could I would have been one of those authorized mirrors are well, but sadly not allowed either.

I have created a page listing free software - for Windows - but to stop any possible "nasties" that could happen, I link back to the software's original download pages. Also, I do not need to keep up with their updates/upgrades. To be honest, since I went to Ubuntu for my desktop, since I could not afford to buy Win7 and get the desktop I wanted, I have not kept up with looking for good free software alternatives for Windows users. When I was a Windows user, I needed a place to go to for all of the software I use or have used so I, or friends, could easily find the software I/they might need. I still point it out to people for a place to find links to free anti-virus and firewall software. http://lungstrom.com/list/