Software: Libreoffice base
Version: 3.5.4.2 (Debian Wheezy)
Subject: Cannot add auto-increment field as 4th field.

Goal: Add 4th field as unique ID / record counter.

1. Table with 3 fields as primary key.
2. Added 4th field as integer
3. Set 4th field as auto-increment.
4. Saved table which completes without errors or warnings.
5. Opened table and 4th field is not set as auto-increment.

This is very frustrating because I need the 4th field to be
auto-incrementing so that I can set it as the primary key for the
table. This table has evolved to the point where it needs a unique ID
field for performance reasons.

I've tried opening the table up and manually enumerating the 4th field
before turning on the "auto-increment" and it still doesn't save the
field as "auto-increment".

I've been able to do this kind of operation with a large number of
other database software (MS Access, MS SQL, MySQL, etc.) but it's my
first time using Libreoffice. Am I doing something obviously wrong
here?

It seems Libreoffice base only supports the first field in every table
as an auto-increment field.  Is this true? And if that's the case do I
need to completely recreate the whole table to add an auto-increment
field?

Is this a bug? Or a feature limitation?

Thanks.