       why not just keep both programs on the machine  ;-)

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Andreas Säger <villeroy@t-online.de> wrote:

Am 11.10.2012 11:43, Kyla Robertson wrote:
Hello,

I'm migrating from MS Word (Office 2002 !) to LibO Writer. In Word, my
Normal.dot template contains many, many things: about 150 styles, 250
macros, some auto-insert texts, some custom shortcuts, many toolbars
and custom buttons.

How can I keep this all to use it with Writer?

In "Migration Guide: A guide to ease your migration to OpenOffice.org
from other office [suites] (2004)"
(
http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/manuals/oooauthors/MigrationGuide.pdf
),
I found a few things:
 * AutoText entries: will the built-in method to import them still
work with LibO 3.6.2?(should I get version 3.6.2 or 3.5.6, btw? I'm
not sure I understand the difference.)
 * AutoCorrect entries: there's a work-around with a macro and the
editing of a ./user/autocorr/acorrXXXX.dat file...
 * Custom dictionaries: there was a work-around to import their
content, but the link to download the macro isn't valid anymore.

Do you know of a more recent migration guide, or a tutorial on the
Web, or forum post maybe? I couldn't find anything else.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This is not a free clone of some other program. All it can do is loading
.doc files fairly well. Please switch to this software or stay with
WinWord.