       ... how were you able to log-in and get your names posted on that
list?
               what am I doing wrong?

From: anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Subject: query re. volunteering w/ LO
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Cc: Joel <jmadero.dev@gmail.com>

       Back when I received this response [2nd below], I attempted to
follow these steps -
           but found that #1 is impossible; there is no 'math' problem
which is to be answered in order to log-in  [WHERE is this to be found?]
       Therefore, the log-in merely goes round and round, stating this
error, yet never explaining HOW to correct this error  ;-(

       After trying - and with the same results - half a dozen times, I
wrote this Joel back - [1st below]
           a few days later, he finally responded but ONLY to having
received my e-mail, rather than responding to HOW to log-in.

       When I initially offered to help, I did so in good faith, yet now
I'm thinking that either that initial letter and/or his response was some
joke;
           I'm asking this list for their thoughts and possibly an
explanation to this;
              I happened to notice that some from this list, were listed on
that log-in page  ;-)