I have seen, on these list, the same question/issue with the postscript/PDF options for getting the printer[s] to work properly. I do not remember what they did for their solution[s] to the issue/problem.

Does you system have a menu listing for LO's Printer Administration? If it does, it may help.

Where did you get the Epson drivers? I use an Epson Artisan 810. I use Ubuntu 10.04/GNOME [desktop] and 12.04/MATE [laptop] for my systems. I had to go to a third-party site listed from the Epson site for my driver files.

I do not have any problems with those drivers for my Epson printer. There are other sites, or ways to get printer drivers for Epson, but the listed place off the Epson site were the better drivers [so far].

I wonder if you renamed the user-preference file [.libreoffice for Ubuntu] and have your system recreate it when you restart LO, would that help correct the issue? I always have a ".libreoffice" folder copied as a working backup for when their is a problem that might be fixed by replacing/rebuilding the user preference files.