(2012/08/25 4:33), webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:

I wonder if there is a problem with the font used or some other issue with both the text and font "type" being placed into a Calc cell.

I assume you tried "Paste Special" and used "unformatted text" or something like that.

The problem could be the mix between the two languages, since there are glyph/character differences between fonts.

I wonder if a different Japanese font would work better. There was a thread about different free Japanese fonts out there that were good with LO. I do not know if I would "trust" MS's version of that language font. I can look into my font folder and see what fonts were downloaded from the referred sites. Switching to one of them might fix the problem, or might not.