Firstly, thanks for all the replies about my blank page question. That is
all working nicely, however, I am now stuck trying to get writer to insert
a blank line before a paragraph. It is important it is *exactly* a line as
otherwise the baseline of the text on the opposite page won't line up.
Using 'spacing above paragraph' and trial and error I can get very close to
adding a line, but if the font or font size changes this will break.

Even a formula for working out the 'spacing above paragraph' would be a
massive help (I've tried just using the point size of the font but this
doesn't work :( ) or perhaps there is a 'snap to baseline' option somewhere?

In case you're wondering why I don't just hit return to get my extra line,
I am trying to create master copies of my books using LO so that I can use
export to PDF for the print version and export to xhtml for the ebook
formats. For this to work all the layout needs to be done using styles.

Thanks,

Rob