On 08/01/2012 09:55 AM, rob wood wrote:
I can't seem to see how to get a paragraph (or page) to only be on odd (or
even) pages

If your primary concern is that a chapter starts on a "left" or "right"
page.... I do this with page styles. I have a style called
"chapter_first_page", which is always a left page.

Thanks for the reply, but the problem is that I don't see how to set the
page style to be always a left page? Am I just missing a check box
somewhere?

I created my own page styles. As is pointed out by Dan, there is already a Left and Right page style directly, so you can just use that, but I fear that it does NOT do what you want. For example,

Use F11 to toggle the Styles and Formatting pane open and close. When it is open..... Click on the Page styles icon along the top of the pane.

Right click on the Left page style and choose Modify. Now, select the Organizer tab. This shows you that the next page style is Left. This means that when a page formatted with the Left page style is finished, the next page style that is used is Left. Sadly, this means that you will have one left page after another.

If you click on the Page tab and look in the lower left corner you will see that this page style is ONLY usable on left pages.

So, you can do something like this.... With all those other dialogs closed, right click on the Default page style (it is named Default) and select New.

On the organizer tab, change the name to something like "first_page_in_chapter". For the Next style, set it to Default. That means that the second page in the chapter will use the Default style.

Select the Page tab and set the Page Layout to be Left page.

There, you can save it and use it.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php