rob wood wrote:
I can't seem to see how to get a paragraph (or page) to only be on odd (or
even) pages

If your primary concern is that a chapter starts on a "left" or "right" page.... I do
this with page styles. I have a style called , which is always a
left page.

Thanks for the reply, but the problem is that I don't see how to set the page style to
be always a left page? Am I just missing a check box somewhere?

Two of the included page styles in LO are: Left Page, and Right page. The first will always result in a Left page creating a blank page in front of it if necessary. Similarly, the second will always result in a right page creating a blank page if necessary. What Rob has done is to create a new page style, "chapter_first_page", from the Left Page style. To do this, Right click on Left Page style and select New from the context menu. Name the new page style and add any other properties you want the style to have (header, footer, etc.). Also select what page style you want to use following the "chapter_first_page" style.

--Dan