Hi all,

I encountered following issue on my customers productive laptop (fresh
installed Ubuntu-like distribution Linux Mint 12)

If the networking is enabled and customer tries to save an open document (loaded from local fs, NOT a network fs!) on a filesystem on the local disk (e.g. in folder Documents of his home directory) LibreOffice hangs for a big time and maybe after an hour (with luck) the document of 1 page text is saved.

If the network is switched off, LibreOffice saves within a millisecond. When network is on, all mounted network shares are accessible and works well.

Also I can save any document with other programs without any issues. Thus, the problem is obviously related with LibreOffice and network access.

I took a backtrace and a strace of this behaviour two times:
- one with network active (where the problem is)
- one with networking deactivated (where no problem is)

I won't spam the traces over the list. If anyone would like to have a look in this traces just send me a note.

I guess that LibreOffice is asking the network stack for information (why, if we store on a local filesystem?) and running
very long until we get a timeout. Thanx in advance for your help!

Erm... just to be complete: Of course I already deleted the .libreoffice (User Profile) directory first but the problem remains.

Regards
Michael