Hi :)
It is possible to install another version of LO alongside the main one so that you can test-drive
the newer one without committing to it.  It's not easy so there is a wiki-page to help.  The main
thing is to avoid using the QuickStarter in either of them as you cant really have things open in
both at the same time.  QuickStarter uis like having one open all the time (in a fairly minimal way
but just enough to confuse them)
Regards from
Tom :)