Hi :)
I think the Docs Team discussed the issue a couple of years ago but i think changing it would be
tons of hard work for very little gain.

I think the names grew almost organically over the previous decade so i don't think there is a
coherent and consistent decision about the names chosen.  I can't really imagine the devs list
being particularly interested or if they are their new choices might not be brilliant either.

It might be worth contacting the devs list to find out how to change the names and then perhaps
join the docs team to find out if they have good naming schemes or even just a few good general
ideas

Just my 2cents as it sounds like you have a good plan already.
Regards from
Tom :)