On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 06:10:20 PM JenS8 wrote:
Hello,

We want to create a questionaire that people can fill out on their
computer and email back to us when complete.

How can we create a document with the following properties:

1. When person clicks on a blank, they can type in their answer, and
the "underline characters" [ _______ ] don't move to the right
2. We want some parts of the form to be uneditable. For example, the
headers, the instructions, the text that says what we expect in every
blank.
3.The document can be saved when completed, or even when partially
completed 4. Check-boxes can be clicked on
5.Radio buttons (multiple choice) can be clicked on
6.The document is universal:
   a. People using Windows, Mac, Linux, Playbook, tablets can work on
the form
   b. People don't have to download a special program to fill the form

Thank you very much.

to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

This all can be done in LibreOffice Writer.  You can create a .odt
document by using the tools that you can enable with View --> Toolbars
--> Form design, form navigation and forms control. After your done your
design you can export the .odt document as an .pdf. The pdf document can
be emailed out, filled in and then emailed back.

I use this for a lot of questionaires for my Lions Club activities. Also
under the libreoffice help read the sections under Forms.

Also this may help:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/7/73/WG3400-WriterGuideLO.pdf

Chapters 14 and 15.

Hope this help.

Russ
openSUSE 12.1(3.1.10-1.9-desktop x86_64)|KDE Platform Version
4.8.3 (4.8.3) "release 504"|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB
DDR3|GeForce 8400GS(NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-295.53)