On 06/19/2012 01:11 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :) If you do try using them then you might realise how good they
are.  If you don't try them then you can only make guesses.

From what i have seen on these lists we have had a lot of problems
with the default dictionaries but only 1 with the ones on the NA
site and that 1 was fixed within hours (possibly minutes) of being
reported

Really? Have you actually looked at the .dic file?

<http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.5-installs/add-on-dictionaries-large-list/kpp-british-english-dictionary-638k-word-list.oxt>
[downloaded this morning]

defence
defence's
defenceable
defenced
defenceless
defencelessly
defencelessness
defencelessness's
defencelessnesses
defenceman
defenceman's
defencemen
defences
defencing
defencive <==== looks like a 'c' to me

and searching on 'defens':

defensative
defensatives
defenser
defensibilities
defensibility
defensibility's
defensible
defensibleness
defensibleness's
defensiblenesses
defensibly
defensin
defensins
defension
defensively
defensiveness
defensiveness's
defensivenesses
defensives
defensor
defensorship
defensory

No 'defensive' there.

Now let's have a look at 'offen':
offence
offence's
offenceful
offenceless
offencelessly
offences
offencive <==== woops, looks like a 'c' to me.

offenseful
offenselessness
offenseproof
offensible
offension
offensively
offensiveness
offensiveness's
offensivenesses
offensives

Nope. No 'offensive' there.

No offence, but it doesn't appear "fixed" to me.

Regards from Tom :)