No, not yet.  A sighted friend expects to visit my computer this weekend
and will probably sort some of this out.

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012, V Stuart Foote wrote:

Jude,

The .xcu file won't have line numbers as it is program generated configuration file of generated
XML--stanzas are all run together.

Notepad may not be the best editor to use since you'll need to navigate the XML structure with
field searches.

I prefer the vim based gvim program with an XML filetype enabled, but I just did a quick  web
search and  users are complaining that NVDA is not able to gain cursor focus. Alternatives
mentioned as working (JAWS and NVDA) are Eclipse and Emacs but both requiring additional
configuration.

You might try the Microsoft XML Notepad 2007 for use with NVDA -- found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7973

I'm away from my systems on vacation for the week, so appologize that I can't be of much
assistance in pinning this down. By the way have you been able to activate NVDA reading in
LibreOffice 3.5.x with JAB 2.0.2 and JRE- 7u4?

Stuart