On 02/06/2012, webmaster-Kracked_P_P <webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:

There seems to be differenting opinions on how business ready 3.5.3 was

So now that LO 3.5.4 is out,

I ask the users, is it ready to be deployed to my/our business users?

Study the bug reports.

So I am asking LO users the question.
Is 3.5.4 ready for our business and/or enterprise users?

To achieve high quality software, testing must be performed. See:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@global.libreoffice.org/msg17418.html
and http://www.mail-archive.com/users@global.libreoffice.org/msg17418.html.

Those that want good quality software should contribute towards
testing and continually pressurise LO organisers to release software
only when quality control tests are surpassed. The current procedure
of releasing software at a regular time, regardless of software
quality is fundamentally weak and will always result in poor quality
products. No other quality-conscious industry uses such a dubious
production procedure.

The fundamental weakness of LO programmers is their obsession with new
features (then ask users to test bugs!) instead of higher quality (and
not ask as enthusiastically users to test the quality of the software:
compare the ease of finding new features with finding quality test
procedures!!). This needs to stop, especially for FLOSS.

As for the so-called 'guerilla marketing' strategy, that is flawed
also. This is proven by a simple observation of the m$ web sites:
until m$ users start to write in significant numbers "how to open this
odt file that I received from someone using this high quality odf LO
product...", the utopian dream that using LO as an m$ clone will lead
to a decline in the quality of m$ documents being distributed, will
remain a dream.

Apple made a business decision not to tolerate the terrible format
that is adobe fla$h. The result was a contribution to the growth of
html5 (see http://www.youtube.com/html5); apple did not choose to
accept fla$h and html5, then hope for html5 to become dominant!
Instead, they took a risk in rejecting fla$h and will reap the
benefits in the long term.