search again, I didn't keep, but nor did I dream up, the half dozen responses I got,  you might be
skipping over the responses because I originally alluded to the thought it might have something to
do with a Java problem, because Zotero was producung error  mesages mentioning Java -- no one at
all addressed the problem when I sent a report to the Zotero Troubleshooting forum though