merter <serdar@hebux.com> writes:

The missing package was libobasis3.5-en-us_3.5.3-2_amd64.deb. I re-checked
all these installed packages and none of them has a dependency to that file.
It now seems an obvious file to install but since I trusted the dependency
system, I missed it.

I think that's because you haven't installed any of the language
packs, which is what depend on that module (it's the base module for a
given language).

There should be a top level "libreoffice3.5-en-us_xxx" package which
pulls in all the per-component language packages, including the base
one you installed manually here.  I'd probably go ahead and install
the top level package and pick up all the language packages just to be
safe, although for the most part en-us should be the same as that
built into the code.

I suppose the main packages don't want to depend on any specific
language, so selecting a language module is a top level choice (e.g.,
one of the libreoffice* packages) in and of itself.  Given that some
language pack is needed, I suppose it would be nice if the component
packages depended on a virtual language support package or something.

BTW, assuming that you are installing the debs as downloaded directly
from TDF, personally I'd just recommend installing them all and not
worrying too much about trying to cherry pick, unless you're being
really selective.  There's an awful lot of shared code among the
various components; once you're going to be including all the *core*
packages, you aren't really optimizing that much by cherry picking
beyond that.

For example, in my 3.5.4 install (direct from TDF), just the packages
you listed represent almost 80% of the space used by installing
everything.  All of the work to cherry pick only saves about 85MB of
disk space.

-- David