Thanks for the replies, they've been really helpful. Yes it is failing with
the latest version of Libreoffice and works with the latest version of AOO.

I am also not able to install an X server, but I could drill down what's
causing the issue. It seems the issue is the package dependency of Debian
packages.

I have selectively installed the Debian packages I want, like calc, writer
etc, and their dependencies. I haven't used any command like force and if
the package required an another package, I installed it too. However, when
using strace I've seen a couple of missing files, which come with other
packages.

My current list of installed packages;

libobasis3.5-base
libobasis3.5-calc
libobasis3.5-core01
libobasis3.5-core02
libobasis3.5-core03
libobasis3.5-core04
libobasis3.5-core05
libobasis3.5-core06
libobasis3.5-core07
libobasis3.5-images
libobasis3.5-impress
libobasis3.5-ooofonts
libobasis3.5-pyuno
libobasis3.5-writer
libreoffice3.5
libreoffice3.5-calc
libreoffice3.5-impress
libreoffice3.5-ure
libreoffice3.5-writer

The missing package was libobasis3.5-en-us_3.5.3-2_amd64.deb. I re-checked
all these installed packages and none of them has a dependency to that file.
It now seems an obvious file to install but since I trusted the dependency
system, I missed it.

Now it is working correctly. Should I file a bug report to the bugzilla?

Thanks for your help,

David Bolen wrote

merter <serdar@> writes:

I tried to install those dependencies but it is now silently failing and
giving no output whatsoever. I tried to debug it with my poor gdb skills,
but gdb log is saying;

Program exited with code 0115.
No stack.

Presumably the code is intentionally exiting, so to gdb it's a normal
(clean) process exit.

By the way, I have installed openoffice, and it's soffice is working
correctly, but I'd like to use libreoffice if possible.

If I can debug and see why it is failing, I can do so, but I don't know
how
to do.

And of course, it's even more difficult given that you're trying to use
it headless.  Been there, done that, got the tee shirt ...

Is there any way you can arrange to temporarily use it with an X
server?  It doesn't have to be locally on the same machine, though
that's most efficient.  But you can just point LO at a remote server,
or through an ssh proxy (-X) to your client host.  The issue might be
something simple that results in a dialog/question when a UI is
present but has to terminate abruptly without since the dialog can't
be answered.

If not, first thing I'd probably look for is any sort of problem with
the profile folder, such as access rights.  If the account you are
trying to run this under isn't dedicated just to LO, I'd also
recommend explicitly specifying a dedicated profile folder
("-env:UserInstallation") for best control.

What's the exact command line you are using?  I didn't see a
"--norestore" in your prior note, so in the (unlikely) case you have a
pending restoration I'm not quite sure what happens in headless mode
if it's set to prompt.

-- David

deleted