Am 31.05.2012 17:48, jjs wrote:
Hi Dan and Tom,

thank you both for your comments, i appreciate it

True MS can also do weird things.

But i never had to use an anchor in MS word.
So i will try your suggestions and hopefully that will help me out and save
me some frustration ;)

Of course the free open source software is highly appreciated by me !

There is not a single technical reason why anybody should save any document as OOXML(docx/xlsx/pptx). OOXML has been introduced in order to fight the ODF standard while increasing the level of incompatibility with OpenOffice.org and its derivatives. You can not be compatible with something that has been designed for a maximum of incompatibility despite the "Open" and "Office" and "XML" in the name. Even if LibreOffice would take up with this pestilence of a file format, that would be the point were MS would introduce the next incompatible shit. So do us all a favour, ignore all OOXML export (in fact this anti-feature should not be in this software) and save your work as ODF.

If you want to send your ready made document: File>Send>Send as PDF

If and only if you need to co-edit a document with MS Office users:
File>Send>Send as MS Word(.doc)
When the next version of the .doc arrives in your inbox you open the mail attachent and save an editable copy as ODF in your own directory.