On 5/31/2012 5:05 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Errr, i'm not clear on what you are doing!  Sorry!  At a guess you mean OpenDocument Format rather than
OpenOffice format.  There are a lot of programs that use ODFs as their native format and many are nothing to
do with the OO, LO, Go-oo, NeoOffice, StarOffice, Symphony "family".

Okay. At times I don't bother to pay attention to the file type because I know what application I am using :-)

I am using what ever text file and spreadsheet file LO generates by default. In my document I include segments of the spreadsheet file. For example I'll include a1:b6 then a8:b10 and so on. There are about a half-dozen or dozen little segments of the spreadsheet file that need to be visible in the LO document.

when I created the links to the spreadsheet document I can see the three or four lines I used for this purpose. When I restart LO I'm asked if I want to follow the links to the spreadsheet to update the writer file and it proceeds to display all of the cells in the spreadsheet in the inclusion window.

So, are you using spreadsheets that are in "OpenDocument Format" (ie for spreadsheets that is Ods). Also which program and which version of it is generating the spreadsheet?
Also which "Writer" are you using?  Is it LO 3.6.4's Writer?
Regards from
Tom :)

I am currently using 3.5.4.2