Hi :)
Please can we try to keep this mailing-list "family friendly"?  It is a good point that marketing
and PR often needs to say things that are not always objective or quantifiable.  A salesman's claim
that something is 100% is not the same as a programmers idea of 100% and neither may bear any
relation to what wide-eyed-end-users feel that they experience.

Personally i think that when marketing people assign numbers to things they tend to make a complete
mess and so they should avoid it.  It is why we now have measurements such as GiB, MiB etc compared
to GB, MB etc.  While the "i" is meant to mean absolutely right this time honest guv" marketing
people just misuse it just as they misused the original ones so we still don't know whether people
mean
1 GB = 1024 MB or just 1000MB
compounded by not knowing if those MBs are 1024 Kb or not, so quoted figures for any measurements
can end up being completely useless and nothing to do with real size.

Why can't they just say things like "A LOT faster"??  Why drag in numbers that are likely to be
proven wrong in certain/all cases?
Regards from
Tom :)