On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P
<webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:
Were you one the 2nd page when you tried to add the footer?

Yes, of course! I even just tried again to be sure.

Was there some odd/even page formatting controls enabled?

No, not that I see. I had turned off the footer on that one page specifically.

Why you are having the problem may be some portion of the coding that sees
the odd pages with footers and then will not allow you to create/edit ones
on the even pages.

I do not think that it is an odd / even problem. I specifically
removed that footer from the single page. Oin fact, I think that I had
to give the page a custom style. I just checked Format -> Page ->
Organizer and I see that the page has name "No Footer". I cannot seem
to change it to the default style, though. If I remove the name then I
get a message that the name is already in use. And none of the options
on that page set the page to the default style.

I currently do not use 3.5.x.  I use 3.4.6 on Ubuntu 10.04/GNOME and
12.04/MATE.  I should try it now that it is at ".3", but will stick with
3.4.6 for a bit longer on my default Ubuntu 10.04LTS desktop.

How about this, as a work around for now:

do a "Edit/Select All" and "copy" the document.

Then, while the original document is open, to a "File/New/Text Document" and
then enable the footers option.

Then paste the text to the new document and deal with the footers.

This should work.  If it does not, then there must be some problem in the LO
version itself.

Actually, I tried that but 1) I would like to learn to use LO
properly, and 2) this page has some killer tables that are difficult
to copy. I might even have to open another thread on that if I cannot
figure it out of find any relevant information in the fine manual.

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il