Hi Dotan,
Dotan Cohen schrieb:
I have a three page document which has been edited in various
OpenOffice and now LibreOffice versions over the past three years. The
first and third pages have footers, the second page does not. I would
like to add the footer to the second page.

I tried Format ->  Page ->  Footer ->  Footer On but this did not add the footer.

I then tried Insert ->  Footer. the footers "Default" and "No Footer"
was checked, so I unchecked "No Footer". This did not add the footer.
I then tried various permeations of the Footer options, none helped. I
then noticed that Format ->  Page ->  Footer ->  Footer On was once again
unchecked. Checking it again did not help.

You have to page styles, "Default" and "No Footer". There had been a reason to use two styles, do you remember the reason?

There are two solutions
(1) The former reason has gone. You want to use the same page style for all pages. (2) You want two page styles and the stype "No Footer" should get a footer (despite of its name).

Depending on your aim the way is different. Please write, whether you still need the second page style.

Kind regards
Regina