Hi :)
Here and in the accountancy practices i have worked in people definitely don't want the grid but
then put some effort into getting different types of borders printed around specific cells or get
rulers out to make sure they read the right figures.

In one place my boss hated computer number-pad's "because it's upside-down and proper calculators
are the other way around" (ie with 123 at the top not the bottom) so i bought a printing calculator
that was the same way as the number-pad because that's what i trained on (thanks Meavis!).  When he
nicked it to do a quick sum he was furious at me.  He was extremely fast on calculators that are
"the right way up" but most of us could get the answer in a spreadsheet before he could find "a
decent calculator".  Predictably i got fired "for being obtuse".

People are often adamant that their way is the only way and indeed often it's easy to see their
point of view but the thing i most like about OpenSource is that we can each have it our way, the
right way, however many different and completely opposite ways that includes, and still help each
other get the right answers.

Btw sorry about the other thread where i didn't realise that documents were losing their freeze
points.  I realised just after sending my answer but thought the best policy would be to let other
people deal with it as i couldn't add anything useful.

Regards from
Tom :)