On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 04:20 -0700, chimak111 wrote:
LibreOffice 3.5.2.2 Build ID: 350m1(Build: 202) on Ubuntu 12.04. As soon as
one clicks Insert, Comment, Impress closes without any visible error.
Instead of using the mouse, even the keyboard combination of control+Alt+C
is enough to cause the problem.
Reported here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11899154&postcount=261
and some subsequent posts

     I read what you linked. Computers are complex things: a combination
of hardwares and software. Even LO is not to be excluded in this. There
are a variety of builds for 32 bit and 64 bit. Then the differences for
a variety of OS's. All of these are available at the LO website. Then
there are the repositories for each of the OS's. Yes, there are plenty
of places for bugs to appear.
    In the past, some people relying on their OS's repository for their
OOo and reporting problems that others could not verify using the
version coming from the OOo website. At least some of them solved their
problem by replacing OOo using the OOo website version.
    So, this is a possibility in your case as well. (The LO website
version might work better on your computer.) Or, 12.04 might not be
quite ready for prime time.
    (Recently I upgraded a MacBook from Ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04. Now when
I log out of a standard user to one with administrative privileges, I
get a continuing stream of error messages involving settings. Perhaps
this might be caused by not doing a clean install. It seems that we all
have our problems.)

--Dan