Hi :)
No.

It is a briliant idea. Possibly better than the idea of having single language versions or an
American English and then a language-pack for whichever language, as we have in Gnu&Linux versions
of LibreOffice.  I think the problem with the idea of just having 2 modules is that the whole LO
Suite is very tightly integrated so there would not really be as much reduction in size as you
would expect.

There is another Office Suite, sometimes called "Gnome Office", which does have separate programs;
one "AbiWord" for wp (7.9Mb) and one "Gnumeric" for spreadsheets (17.3Mb).
http://www.abisource.com/download/
http://projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/downloads.shtml
Gnumeric seems to have a couple of features that Calc doesn't but mostly they lack features and
rely on being even faster on even lower spec machines.  So they capture a similar niche to
Google-docs, except that you have to be online to use Google-docs and Gnome Office installs
directly to your hard-drive so you can access it even if you are offline.

The OpenOffice download is only 144Mb, which surprised me!  I know a lot of work has gone into
reducing the size of the code and taking out ancient comments that have mostly become irrelevant.
So the code has reduced by about 30%.  I guess it's all the extra languages that brings the size
back up again.

If you have trouble downloading at home is there a friendly cybercafe owner that would allow you to
download using their machines?  They might appreciate having an alternative to the ridiculously
heavy and bloated, expensive malware attraction that people like to call MS Office.  Or at a local
library or college or something?  Some people do produce Dvds containing a lot of extra software
and interesting features and add-ons/Extensions.  If you are in the USA an excellent one is the NA
(North American) Dvd Project.  The German community produce another and there is probably at least
1 in Brasil, other community groups probably produce ones too.  It's a bit weird getting something
like that by snail-mail but you often end up with an attractive package.

Regards form
Tom :)