Le 29/04/2012 15:00, Mirosław Zalewski a écrit :
On 29/04/2012 at 08:23, "Jean-Francois Nifenecker"<jean-
francois.nifenecker@laposte.net>  wrote:

-- any user opening you docs will be able to have their own style
settings which will automagically adapt your docs to their taste.

eg: you setup the Text Body paragraph style to use Liberation Sans font
fo your document. If you pass it over to me, where I have the same style
with the Liberation Serif font setup, I can read *your* document with
*my* settings.

Are you sure about it? I would consider it rather bug than a feature.

Well, YMMV.

If I copy and paste a given document (using stock styles) into my own template, I get the doc with the settings I like. I find this to be neat and useful ;)

If I set my document to use 8pt MS Comic Sans as a default text body font,
then I want my document to be mostly 8pt MS Comic Sans. If I send this
document to my friend, I want him to see that absurd font setting (if only he
has MS Comic Sans installed). In electronic documents (as ODT) this is very
important to preserve any formatting applied by author.

Sorry, no, I don't think so. In fact there are two situations, as you mention below:
(1) the author wants his/her work to remain untouched -> PDFs
(2) s-he doesn't mind, or s-he respects the user's preferences -> ODFs

Or maybe your comment applies only to documents created on base of default
Writer template? I have switched to my own default template years ago.

Yes.

--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux