Hi.

I'm on a Mac and trying to replicate a process I'm very familiar with
on Windows using MS Excel.

I have a database (a MySQL database) and I want to create a
spreadsheet that will allow users to quickly query the database and
get reports/counts/etc.

In Windows, I create views on the database and use MS Query / ODBC to
link between Excel and the database. All works exactly as you'd
expect. No drama, hassle or anything.

I'm no longer working in a Windows environment and I'm struggling with
what seems to be a fairly obvious use case.

I've been recommend LibreOffice, and for the bits and pieces I've used
so far, I'm impressed.

I've managed to create a database link and I can create views and
store them and, on the surface, it looks OK.

When I look at the spreadsheet, I can see no way to link to the
database. When I open the Navigator, I can see Database Ranges - but
that's not what it seems.

Now, I know I can cut'n'paste the data. This is NOT what I want.

The use case is it allow a user to open the spreadsheet and either
automatically or manually update the data from the database. No
complex cut'n'paste or 20 click madness.

Any real help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Richard.

--