I have a LibreOffice spreadsheet (data.ods) containing approximately 500
rows of comma separated values in 30 columns. The first row contains the
Data.ods is updated periodically throughout the day by a script. I then
have several links to the cells in data.ods in another spreadsheet
I am currently doing the following:
1) Generate data.ods via script.
2) Open data.ods so that LibreOffice does a Text Import of the comma
separated values to populate the rows.
3) Open main.ods (which automatically updates the links).
I am not able to simply leave main.ods open currently because even after
closing data.ods, it appears that LibreOffice still has some sort of lock
on the file and does not allow my script to edit data.ods until I close
LibreOffice altogether (requiring me to close main.ods).
I would like to to do the following:
1) Have main.ods open.
2) Generate data.ods via script.
3) Import updated values into main.ods using Edit...Links...Update Values.
4) Leave main.ods open.
5) Generate new data.ods via script.
6) Import updated values into main.ods using Edit...Links...Update Values.
7) Repeat as necessary.
Please let me know if I can be more clear in my explanation.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- [libreoffice-users] Updating a previously opened ods via Python script without closing LibreOffice · Sharad Kumar
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy