drew-gmail wrote

On Sat, 2012-04-14 at 07:46 -0700, clehmann wrote:

Hi Charles

This sounds similar to an issue with Base in the past, though it has
been gone for a while I thought. The cause as I recall was the JRE not
fully exiting out between closing and opening of two ODB files (using a
java based database of course). IIRC it was most prominent when using
the quickstarter feature under windows.

So - if your problem happens when opening an ODB file for the first time
in a session it would be different.

But if the problem only happens when opening a second (or subsequent)
ODB file during the session:

If you are running quickstarter disable it and see if the problem goes
away.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

//drew

Hi Drew,

Ok. I went through the configuration and tried both settings for
quickstarter with the same result.

Your statement "So - if your problem happens when opening an ODB file for
the first time
in a session it would be different. " is interesting since it seems that I
never manage to be able to open a local .odb database the first time. It is
only after having killed the application (sometimes several times in
sequence) that I manage to open it.

Having a look at the Event Viewer, the error states "Cross-thread deadlock".

Charles