On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 23:12 -0700, avamk wrote:
Hi Drew,

It looks amazing now, and the functionality is great. I am especially glad
that it will work in Linux, Mac, and Windows!

Were you going to write an explanation for the code, or just the form?
Either way, if you can start a draft, I can help word smith it (probably by
asking you questions about it).

I think this is so useful, perhaps it can be integrated into the standard
LibreOffice Base macro set???

Not likely - it's too specific to a particular use case.

Ok - so I put a little time into this today, the updated ODB file once
again at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Linkme.odb

In the basic script did a little refactoring, so it is not quite as ugly
as it was and added the ability to save the image control display
settings into the database record, per image link, and then decode that
and set the image control appropriately as you move through the record
set.

Three things are left un-done and maybe they should be, as something to
be added by the final user:

1 - when a new record is created, if the user clicks on an image control
setting (scale mode / bckground color) the values are encoded and
written to the record in memory, since the image link is not a required
field the user could store this, which doesn't really make a lot of
sense.

2 - When the saved image control settings are read back the image
control is updated, but not the displayed value for the three scale mode
checkbox controls or the background color list box.

3 - Setting the image control background to Transparent just doesn't
work - don't now why, setting the value to EMPTY should equal 'Default'
and that should be Transparent, IIRC... but maybe someone can figure
that out.

Also - changed the UI of the form a little.
- The datacontrol (textbox) for the stored image link is again
displayed, but as read only. You still use the File Selector to update
the value.

Guess that's it really then for the basic script stuff.

So the hard part, for me at least, is left which is explaining how this
works.

I've got a fair bit of time today, so can work on that - any help with
that is always welcome.

Last but not least - Drag n Drop - you know we could add that to the
form. It requires diving a bit deeper into the API, as one needs to
create runtime listeners for events (not the same as filling in slots no
the control property editor at design time), not today - but it is
something that can be done with scripting also.

//drew

Thanks!