Howdy Avamk, Tom
alright well, got a little ugly in that I should create a constant or
two, but the script works on both Windows and Linux now and will on Mac
I'm sure (he says with a grin)..
was updated just a minute or two ago - Haven't finished with the save
for the display settings to the database field, should get that tonight.
Anyway - I'm glad I versioned this, as it might be a good example for
working with URL's vs OS specific paths also - which btw was my mistake,
I started out deciding to save URLs, meaning I used the converttoURL
function here and there, but then turned around an used the function
getPathSeparator also, well, the getPathSeparator returns the system (or
OS) character, which on Linux is the same as what is used in a URL, but
not so on windows..once I stopped trying to have it both ways in the
basic code :-) it all worked..surprise.
anyway - let me know if any of this makes sense, and if you it mostly
does, what is the best way to help reinforce it - I will try to write a
decent explanation, but always need help with that, I'm no word smith.
On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 17:26 -0400, drew jensen wrote:
On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 14:09 -0700, avamk wrote:
Yes, I just looked at sheepdogs explanation, it is so well written! Even
though it uses relative paths, they need to be typed in manually. So the
File Picker control still needs to be used.
Well, if the example there is working then it is likely a cut above what
I have here - cause, I added some eye candy - had to, and then tried
this file under MS Windows, to a dis-satisfactory outcome.
But if you are using Linux, all seems to work well - though I could
likely clean it up still.
So - why is it failing under Windows, and how to fix that today (over
the next hour or so) is the call.
BTW, I'm guessing it runs as written on a Mac also, but do not have one
to try that on.
anyway - I updated the odb file on the wiki (not the zip file, if you
grabbed that great, just download the latest odb into your working
Added a couple things for kicks, as I say.
Made it pretty.
Added runtime controls to adjust some properties on the image control:
- Display Scaling (none, stretched keep ratio, stretched fill)
- Adjust background color (Black, White and Transparent [to come])
Added a couple of fields in the table, comments and one for storing a
custom property (just a string) for the selected display settings.
Hooking that up to single column vs data aware controls to two columns
just cause, already handling our own record change event so why not.
AGAIN - if you are running windows this file, the basic script, doesn't
work.. will update this again later today with a correction on that
but to check it out under Linux (Mac maybe) the updated file is at
back in a bit,
View this message in context:
Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy