I the early days of the Internet, sometimes it was faster for me to download from a mirror in Australia instead of one in the USA that was within 1000 miles of me. It just happens that some places have bandwidth issues at certain times in a day or week.

I have a "mirror", sort or, of LO on the LibreOffice-NA.US community DVD portal. I always use LO's main download site to get my copies of LO installs and the language/help packs. I let their system decide which of their "mirrors" they would connect me to for the download. I was told that their system chooses the mirror for me.

So, if you actually are given a choice, I have started downloading the same large file from 2 or 3 mirrors, giving them a -1 or -2, etc., add to their file names. Then I see which one will be completed faster. At that point, I pause the other downloads till the fastest one is completed. That way if the server starts to be slow, I go to a different one. It works well with Linux ISO files. You really want to have the fastest download times for a 3 or 4 GB file, even with broadband.

Thomas,
If you have not heard of the NA-DVD before on these lists:
The LibreOffice North American Community DVD project [ http://libreoffice-na.us/ ], is where we create a DVD stuffed full of everything you might need to install LO onto your computer. That includes several languages for help files and language packs. Then there are the over 180 dictionaries, documentation, plus templates and extensions. There is an American dictionary/thesaurus with over 638K words in its spell-checking list, which I created for LO and is on the LO Extension Center as well as my portal. I am working on the 3.5.x line DVD right now. My last DVD ISO file you can download is 3.4.5. I will create a 3.4.6 when it comes out and I think 3.5.2 will be the first ISO of that line to be published.

You might check out the portal and see what is there. You might want have opinions on what is needed for the USA market.

There are links to the ISO files, the online versions of the DVDs, pamphlets, brochures, labels and "blank" background images, etc., etc..