@darwinev0lved
Based on this email response maybe LibreOffice should remove this from their website: "Compatible with all major competitors' file formats. You can easily import files from Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and many other formats, and can easily save to Microsoft Office and other formats when needed."

This person is only asking to do what the website says it can. Either it can or it can't.
Shari