Hi :)
Side-issue = Zip
To open a zip-file on Windows you need to have something like WinZip, WinRar, File-roller or
something else similar.  Gnu&Linux usually has a default one but again there are other choices.
There are also programs that can fix some errors with slightly broken zip-files.  Are you able to
right-click on ormal files or folders and see an option to "Compress file/folder"?  Also do you
have trouble with other zip files?

Side-issue = Java
Java mostly works just fine.  "If it ain't broke then don't fix it".  It might be interesting to
experiment with using another version of java just to see if it does make things a bit faster and
smoother.  For older versions of LibreOffice the 1.6u21 (there might be a .0 missing in there) was
apparently the best one if people were having slow-downs and crashes caused by java.  For LO 3.5.x
branch the 1.7 seems to be best and 3.4.5 has allegedly been updated to allow it to use the 1.7
too.  However, as before, if java is working fine then it's probably best to avoid messing around
with it!

Regards from
Tom :)