Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2012 Archives by date, by thread · List index

Herr Säger, you may have hit the nail on the head, thank you.

Yes, even though my query was correctly displayed as the driving data 
for the document (of course, since I'm using mailmerge, this is a 
Writer document that has the problem), when I went through the 
"Change datasource" dialogue/wizard, it showed a different database 
as the source, weird!

And that is a *fabulous* feature in Writer, just dragging the column 
onto the page, fabulous.

However, there was still one problem remaining which I have fixed by 
changing the field name "Company" to "Co".
Whether I allowed MySQL to produce the fieldname or explicitly 
speciifed it with an alias, Base would insert the field as "company" 
(lowercase first letter), and it would therefore display the 
fieldname not the field contents, because the query wasn't producing 
a field with that name!  "Company" is a reserved word somehow?  
Surely not!

Many thanx
Mark Stanton
One small step for mankind...

For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.