Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2012 Archives by date, by thread · List index

I use to have a software that could do a find/replace for non-printable characters.

I turned on the non-printable characters and copied the characters I wanted into the replace and took the "gray box" style of character. Then I did a "global" find/replace for the document.

I have not done this for many years, but it was needed for some documents that needed edited and I did not have the proper word processor for the job.

I get a lot of these "boxes" when I go/from email and LO text.

On 03/14/2012 06:44 PM, john.egger wrote:
You're right, kracked... in Kate there are rectangular boxes (taller than
their width) between the run-together words. But I can't figure out how to
replace them with carriage returns.

I got the old dictionary to open without the boxes, but with just spaces
between the words (not returns). I hoped maybe LibreOffice would accept that
but it still is showing everything run together.

Thanks for your comments, and I'm sure you're on the right track... but this
shouldn't be necessary!

View this message in context:
Sent from the Users mailing list archive at

For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.