Hello,

My system is running Scientific Linux 6.2 64-bit with no office application (OpenOffice or LibreOffice) installed prior to the installation of LibreOffice 3.5. There were no problems or errors reported during the LibreOffice installation.

When I installed the desktop integration, it appears to work in that I can see the applications listed on the Office menu, but there were two mkdir errors as can be seen in the output below. Is there some other package that I should (or should not) have installed prior to the desktop integration?

Thanks!

Bruce Harrison

[root@Mad-Hatter RPMS]# yum install ./desktop-integration/libreoffice3.5-freedesktop-menus-3.5-13.noarch.rpm

Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, security

Setting up Install Process

Examining ./desktop-integration/libreoffice3.5-freedesktop-menus-3.5-13.noarch.rpm: libreoffice3.5-freedesktop-menus-3.5-13.noarch

Marking ./desktop-integration/libreoffice3.5-freedesktop-menus-3.5-13.noarch.rpm to be installed

Resolving Dependencies

--> Running transaction check

---> Package libreoffice3.5-freedesktop-menus.noarch 0:3.5-13 will be installed

--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

===================================================================================================================================

Package Arch Version Repository Size

===================================================================================================================================

Installing:

libreoffice3.5-freedesktop-menus noarch 3.5-13 /libreoffice3.5-freedesktop-menus-3.5-13.noarch 1.5 M

Transaction Summary

===================================================================================================================================

Install       1 Package(s)

Total size: 1.5 M

Installed size: 1.5 M

Is this ok [y/N]: y

Downloading Packages:

Running rpm_check_debug

Running Transaction Test

Transaction Test Succeeded

Running Transaction

Installing : libreoffice3.5-freedesktop-menus-3.5-13.noarch 1/1

/usr/bin/update-desktop-database

/usr/bin/update-mime-database

mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache': Not a directory

mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/share/icons/hicolor/index.theme': Not a directory

/usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache

/usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache

/usr/bin/update-desktop-database

/usr/bin/update-desktop-database

Installed:

  libreoffice3.5-freedesktop-menus.noarch 0:3.5-13

Complete!

[root@Mad-Hatter RPMS]# ls -alh /usr/share/icons/hicolor/i*

-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 15M Mar 12 19:06 /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache

-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 24K Nov 23  2010 /usr/share/icons/hicolor/index.theme