On 02/23/2012 11:11 AM, e-letter wrote:
On 23/02/2012, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak<andrew@pitonyak.org>  wrote:
On 02/22/2012 06:06 PM, e-letter wrote:
On 22/02/2012, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak<andrew@pitonyak.org>   wrote:
Using the latest version of LO, I created a document with many graphics.
I was able to save as DOC and graphics were retained. When I saved as
DOCX, all of the graphics were missing. I know, file a bug report.

Why is this important? Unless images are lost after creation of an odf
document.

If you were to write to m$ and comment that m$ can create an odf11
document but not an odf12 version, what would be the likely response.
It is certainly not any more important than support for any of the other
numerous formats supported by OOo. Interoperability has always been very
difficult. What formats would you continue to support.

Nothing wrong with support of multiple formats, except that perfect
behaviour/performance with the odf must be the top priority.

Note that I am not in a position to dictate to my boss or my companies
clients what products they will use. Note that I do have full access to
pretty much any MS product that I care to use, so if a MS format is not
supported, then I must do all work with a MS deliverable in MS.

That should continue; if the output required is m$, use m$. There is
no advantage to use LO to create m$ documents.

I could provide a list of reasons as to why I would prefer to use LO and then simply write to DOCX if that is what is needed, but, the brief version is

(1) I just like LO much better.... that MSO interface just kills me.

(2) Historically, there have been things that I did trivially in OOo / LO that I and a group of long time MSO users were unable to reproduce in MSO that was trivial in OOo.

Off-topic, but takes a long time to load directly from the web via
abiword...daren't try LO...
Is the issue related to download speed or the internal document
arrangement? if it is the later, resaving the document with a newer
version may help, but I have not touched that document directly in a bit
because there was a bug in OOo that caused it to crash. The bug was
fixed but never made it into the last OOo release. LO deals with the
document just fine, but since the latest version of LO sometimes drops
graphics, I am hesitant to touch the document with that either.

Don't know. The purpose of accessing directly from the web is to avoid
saving to the local disk.

I understand...

--
Andrew Pitonyak