Hi Alex,

Whenever I cannot properly install any program and now I made it a habit, because I was told to do this and it has ALWAYS worked! But first, let's do a little cleanup. Make sure you're in administrative mode. Check which programs are still installed (OpenOffice.org, and/or LibreOffice) and run add/remove to remove them. Next look at your C:\Program Files subdirectory (C:\Program Files (x.86) if it's a 64bit system.) and delete any OpenOffice.org, or LibreOffice subdirectories. Next, look at your C:\users\xxxxx\application data\roaming subdirectory, where xxxxx is the name of your user administrative account. You will undoubtedly have OpenOffice.org and/or LibreOffice subdirectories. These subdirecdtories have your profile info, but I'd delete them, having your problems. Download CCleaner. First, delete all the garbage under _C_leaner. Next, analyze the registry. Delete the registry entries pertaining to OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice. Also delete any CLSD entries. Reboot and run CCleaner again. Reboot again. You're still in administrative mode. Disconnect the Internet. Shut down any anti-virus scanners, anti-spyware scanners, 3rd party firewall software. In fact, I usually run the task manager and disengage any processes I installed that are running. Now you are ready to install LibreOffice. After installation, reboot. And during reboot, reconnect the internet. Do not run LibreOffice until after you reboot. (Now if you had Linux, you'd miss all this fun stuff!)

If you still have problems, another application may be interfering. That's where it starts getting fun.

Greg

P.S. The only reason I do not run Linux is that all my business software is Windows based.