Le 20/12/2011 22:28, Dominik Wnęk a écrit :
Hello,

I have a problem with the way SUM works. At first I thought this was a bug, but then I saw Numbers on my iPad doing the same thing, so now I believe this is by design, but I have no idea why and how I can work around this.

Take a look at this example:

http://www.ode2.com/images/libreoffice_sum.tiff

The number format is currency (Polish Zloty), the numbers in the left column are entered by hand, the ones in the right one are calculated by multiplying the left number by 1,22.

The sum of the numbers in the right-hand column should be -1199,62, but it is off by 0,02 zł. It's pretty obvious this is because the program sums the numbers it has in memory and not the ones it displays.

If this behaviour is correct, how can I work around this? I just spent 40 minutes trying to find out why my balance is wrong only to find out the sums I was doing were giving me incorrect amounts :/

Thanks,

Good evening Dominik,

The solution to calculate has you see (It's a wrong way to do that the result is false) consist in using the formula =ROUND("cell to multiply"*1,22;2) the result is an approximative result rounded 2 numbers after coma.

I thing that 22% is a tax so it would be better to trunk the result in te result cell in that exemple the resutant errror would be 0,82 cents in place of 1,82 cents if you round each result.

I hope to be right with your question..

        1,22
291,34  355,4348
291,34  355,4348