I am sorry, but this list will not support attachments.

Which version of LO are you installing?

3.4.5 or 3.5.0?

I know that 3.4.5 will sometimes not install on the first try with older XP systems. I end up doing a second install that kicks in a "repair" option. Then it usually installs properly for me. Also you must have a Java Runtime Engine install on your system before you install LO.

Actually, I had to do that with an old DELL desktop last week. It had a Celeron CPU and it was from 2005 or 2006. The guy had not used an anti-virus since Summer of 2009 and it was filled with "dust bunnies" soaked with smoking residue that made my fingers stink cleaning it. It killed his DVD burner, among other thing, plus the issues of all those nasties that made his system home after the last anti-virus usage in 2009.