Le 10/02/12 08:43, Mark Stanton a écrit :

Hi Mark,

No, that's not quite my question.  There will *always* be a picture, and it
is either a picture of a first class stamp or a second class one.  But I
want whichever stamp it is to appear in (almost) the same place according to
destination (international or domestic).  See my answer to Cor "below".

Oh sorry, my misunderstanding. I'm afraid I can't help you with that
from the Writer UI perspective. I would probably attempt to build my ODT
document using one of the many programming interfaces, e.g. Perl, or
PHP, which have classes for manipulating ODF files and letting you
fiddle around with the bits that are there, but the user doesn't get
easy access to without programming, which means that you don't even have
to open LO at all to get a result (well except maybe to check that it
looks OK). I find OOoBasic a bit too, hmmm, cantankerous for my taste.

I had thought the anchor point was outside the paragraph structure, but that
appears not to be the case, and y'all seem to be saying that hiding or
showing the paragraph that the anchor is in will hide or show the picture
anchored to it.

If that's right, then that is my solution.

I did have another thought, from the dregs of my memory : there was a
French guy, going by the pseudo "bobiciel", who managed to do some
rather impressive things (well at least I thought so at the time) with
"User Variables". There might still be some documentation of his lying
around in the arcanes of the net, because I don't remember exactly how
he did it.

Alex