On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 20:09 +0000, Tony Sumner wrote:
I hope MySQL isn't OT. I am trying to set up a MySQL database with LibreOffice
Base as a front-end. I have installed MySQL in Windows XP and I can create
tables and so forth and the next thing is to connect to MySQL. I have
downloaded the MySQL ODBC Connector but when I try to run it I get a
window for about 1ms and then it vanishes. Has anyone succeded in installing
this?

Tony Sumner

     LO has an extension: "MySQL Native Connector".  From what I have
read on this list, this extension works better than using an ODBC or
JDBC. You might want to download and install it instead.

--Dan