On 01/28/2012 12:04 PM, dave_in_NJ wrote:
Hi,

I have been looking for the suggestion bin, hope you do not mind me adding
to this thread.

there are two things I would like to see.  being a total user, I have no
idea how easy it is to do either.

first, I would like to have separate icons so I can just open calc or writer
and not have to open a home page, then select the application.

second, and this has bugged me from the earliest incarnations of all windoz
programs.  open a super fast page.  just display the software and not an
hourglass.  none of the menu items need to work instantly, maybe file open ?
notepad and such open in a second.  I can start to jot my notes down as the
width and depth of the menus are loading.

Another wish list item.  I have my hard disk partitioned so I have all my
wordprocessing files in one folder and all my spreadsheet files in another.
I have to navigate back and forth.  if I am in the spreadsheet, I have to
save-as, then navigate to the calc folder.  there may be advantages for
doing this another way, but this is my wish list.
The problem is, as designed, LO is unified suite not separate programs. Technically MSO is a collection of separate programs that have been integrated. Thus, LO using on location for saving data while MSO, being separate programs, can save to different locations. I do not know how difficult it would be to have multiple save locations based on file types in LO

Thanks for offering this software.  you folks are wonderful for making this
available.

Dave
For your suggestions, I suggests filing a "bug" report and mark it as enhancement, https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/.

Jay Lozier